The other night we were over at our neighbour’s place for one of our regular, recap-on-the-day tea dates. (Two of our best friends are literally right across the hall, it’s amazing.) Jonathon was in a bit of a frenzy throwing together a late night smoothie because dinner hadn’t quite done it for him.
It was all happening so fast, he was reaching in and out of cupboards and I was literally awe-struck at his choice of ingredients. He said he didn’t even really know what he was doing, but clearly he did, because I tried a little and it was perfection. It’s hearty and sweet and bready and amazing. The perfect start (or end) to a day.
- 3-4 ice cubes
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 heaping spoonfuls of plain or vanilla yogurt
- About a 1/4 cup milk
- 3 heaping spoonfuls of oats
- 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of honey or agave syrup
- Optional: 1 scoop of protein powder
It’s just so delicious and filling and healthy and different.
It’s absolutely my new favourite thing.